Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) is a United States Department of Education TRIO Program dedicated to helping Veterans of the U.S. Military take full advantage of the educational opportunities available to them. VUB provides services and materials (at no cost to program participants) for the purpose of facilitating enrollment into and successful completion of studies at institutions of higher learning.
Please visit: https://vubwv.org/eligibility/ or https://www.concord.edu/Student-Life/TRiO/Veterans-Upward-Bound.aspx for details and eligibility requirements.
VUB PROVIDES VETERANS WITH THE FOLLOWING OPPURTUNITIES:
- GED/Pre-college preparation, including entrance exam practice.
- Free refresher courses for Math, Science, English, Foreign Language, Computer Basics, and College Success Skills.
- Free books and materials for VUB Pre-college classes.
- iPad, laptop, and calculator rental options.
- Tutoring and mentoring services.
- Assistance with understanding and utilizing the Veteran Benefits that you are eligible for.
- College and Career skills workshops.
- Available Stipend of up to $40.00/month for participating.
Address: PO Box 1000 | Athens, WV 24712