In 2009, the Lumina Foundation for Education provided a grant to the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission to fund activities focused on helping adults return to college to earn a two- or four-year degree. As a result, the Commission created the DegreeNow program. DegreeNow offers resources to assist higher education professionals and workforce development practitioners in encouraging and supporting adults in earning their degree.
- best practices and case studies in creating adult-friendly campus policies and environments
- training guides to assist student affairs professionals and other administrators in building support and awareness among their colleagues on campus
- survey templates and strategies to assist campuses in assessing current adult learner outreach efforts
- an ebook outlining the DegreeNow program and proven methods for increasing degree completion among adult learners
- a marketing and communications toolkit featuring templates campuses can use to market degree opportunities to adult learners