College Bound Saturday is an opportunity for students and families to receive free assistance completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). College Bound Saturday financial aid workshops will be held at various locations across the state. College Bound Saturday is coordinated by College for West Virginia, which is an initiative of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission in conjunction with the West Virginia Community and Technical College System, the West Virginia Department of Education, WV TRIO, the Education Alliance, the West Virginia Statewide College Access Network, and West Virginia GEAR UP. Funds made available by the Kresge Foundation through the National College Attainment Network.
What will I need to fill out the FAFSA?
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your 2019 federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).