Quick Tips for Veterans:
· Figure out where you want to use your VA education benefits. Compare schools. (https://www.va.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool)
· Apply directly to the VA to receive your certificate of eligibility as soon as possible. (https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/)
· Meet with your School Certifying Official to figure out what the school’s process is to get your enrollment certified to VA for payment.
· Did you know you can use your benefits to cover the costs of certain tests needed for professional licensing or certification? (https://www.va.gov/education/about-gi-bill-benefits/how-to-use-benefits/test-fees/)
· Did you know you can use your benefits on the job or in an apprenticeship program? (https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/onthejob_apprenticeship.asp)
The Office of Veterans Education and Training (OVET) works to ensure that every veteran, National Guard member and Reservist in West Virginia is aware of and has full and fair access to high quality, ethically-administered education and training programs that can help them reach their full potential.
The office serves as the State Approving Agency for programs providing education and training to Veterans and their eligible dependents.