Promise Scholarship Credit Hour Requirement Appeal
If there are not enough degree pursuant courses available during an academic year to reach the credit-hour requirement for reasons outside of your control, you may complete this form to request the credit hour requirement be lowered for renewal purposes for this academic year.
Promise recipients in their final academic year of eligibility are not required to complete the renewal requirements and would not need to submit this appeal. Students who cannot be full time in each semester would need to complete a different form.
To renew the Promise Scholarship award each year, a student must:
- Complete and earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in an academic year for a student who receives a two-semester award. If a student receives a single-semester award, the student must complete and earn a minimum of 15 credit hours in an academic year.
- Maintain a 2.75 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale the first year and a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in subsequent years. The academic year for calculating renewal begins with the fall semester and ends with the summer semester.
- Complete Request to Appeal the Promise Scholarship Credit Hour Requirement by clicking button above. Only complete the highlighted fields. Once finished, click Complete. Close the browser after submission; you do not need to log into airSlate.
- Email will be sent to the email address you enter on the first form from WVColleges via airSlate email@example.com to complete the second form: the Promise Scholarship Credit Hour Requirement Appeal. Please check your inbox and junk folder. If you do not receive this email after 30 minutes, you may have mis-entered your email address and should complete the Request to Appeal again.
- Click button in email to electronically complete the Promise Scholarship Credit Hour Requirement Appeal. Only complete the highlighted fields. Once finished, click Complete. Close the browser after submission; you do not need to log into airSlate.
- Appeal will be electronically sent to the institution you enter in your form. The appeal will first be reviewed by your institution. It may take several weeks for your appeal to be fully processed once it is submitted.
- Notification of appeal decision will be sent to you via email from WVColleges via airSlate firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your award amount may require adjustment based on your tuition, mandatory fee charges.
- Your credit hours requirement for renewal will be based upon the number of available degree-pursuant credit hours during this academic year. For example, if your institution indicates there are 29 degree pursuant credit hours available during this academic year, you will be required to complete and earn all 29 credits to renew your award for 2023-2024.
You must be meeting all other program eligibility criteria and, if the award is a renewal, be meeting renewal requirements, to receive an award.
- If you are academically eligible, you may still qualify for the Promise Scholarship this year. You would be required to achieve the renewal requirements for the 2022-2023 academic year to qualify for future awards.
Please contact our office at 304-558-4618 or Promise@wvhepc.edu or your institution’s financial aid office if you have questions.